11 Steps to Stronger Faith
1. Spend quality time in God’s Word. (See Romans 10:17) Read it, listen to it, memorize it, meditate on it. “Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation.” (1 Peter 2:2 NIV)
2. Read accounts of divine intervention. Accounts of answered prayer, both in the Bible and in modern-day settings, put “skin” on God’s promised help. What He has done for others, He can do for you.
5. Take your problems and questions to God in prayer. God says, “Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.” (Jeremiah 33:3) As you learn to work more closely with God to find solutions and answers, you will become more aware of His ever-present love and help.
6. Embrace change. Major changes of circumstance can be unsettling and uncomfortable, but they also create a great environment for faith to blossom in because they force a decision: Will you trust God for the outcome? Each time you do and He comes through, it becomes easier to trust Him to get you through the next difficulty.
7. Pray as though you expect, not merely hope for, the best. When you thank God for answering your prayers even before you see those answers, it takes the focus off of the need at hand and puts it on God’s ability to fill that need.
8. Keep a prayer log detailing what you prayed for and when, and then check off the items as they are answered. From time to time, go back and review the results.
9. Keep a log of promises claimed and fulfilled. Record which of God’s promises you claimed in each specific situation, and review the list when you need a boost of faith to get you over your next hurdle.
10. Make Word-based decisions. The more you learn to operate according to the principles and promises of God’s Word, the more of God’s power you will experience, which will in turn increase your faith as you take other needs to Him in prayer.
11. Testify of God’s power to others. Telling others about how God has helped you will strengthen your faith and theirs.
Copyright © Activated Magazine. All rights reserved.