TO SAY THE LEAST, we are living in exciting times and are on the threshold of some cataclysmic changes!
Seeing how prophecies from thousands of years ago accurately predicted world conditions today should encourage your faith in a number of ways. First of all, it’s assuring that God not only has the power to foresee the future, but that He cared enough about us to tell us what is going to happen in advance. As Jesus said, “And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe” (John 14:29).
Similarly, when you realize that the current state of the world was foretold so specifically, it stands to reason that the biblical prophecies which have not yet been fulfilled will also come to pass. A one-world government with a bestial leader and enforced credit system will arise. Persecution of those who refuse to cooperate with the Antichrist regime will take place. But then God will intervene when Jesus Christ returns to rescue His people, defeat the forces of evil, and establish His everlasting Kingdom of love on earth.
No Need to Fear
As these awesome final events of the Endtime begin to unfold, you don’t have to be in fear or confusion, wondering what’s going on. Although Jesus warned that in the very last days “men’s hearts would be failing them from fear and the expectation of those things which are coming on the earth” (Luke 21:26), He also said that those who know and love Him could face these same events positively and victoriously.
He made it clear that as the final signs of the end came to pass, His return to rescue His people was that much closer: “Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption [deliverance] draws near” (Luke 21:28). We may not like everything that is happening, and some of it may look pretty bad, but at least we know the happy ending.
If you have faith in God and His Word, and you are living close to Him, then even if there’s war and turmoil, confusion and chaos on the outside, you can have peace on the inside – in your own heart – through the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ.
The Best Preparation for the Future
You can prepare for the future – and for all eternity – by receiving Jesus as your Savior. He loves you, and will be with you and will guide you through whatever perilous times you may encounter.
The Bible tells us that “God is Love” (1 John 4:8). He is the very Spirit of Love itself, and He loves you and wants you to know and experience and revel in His love. But God is so great, so almighty, He is far beyond our finite human understanding. This is why He sent Jesus, His Son, to the world; to show us His love and to help us understand what He, God Himself, is like.
“For God so loved the world [you and me], that He gave His only begotten Son [Jesus], that whoever believes in Him should not perish [be separated from God’s love], but have everlasting life” (John 3:16). God loves you so much that He gave Jesus to die in your place, to take the punishment that you deserve for your wrongdoing, so that you can have His forgiveness and free gift of eternal heavenly life.
If you don’t yet know Jesus, you can receive Him and all the wonderful things He has to offer you right now. Even if you have questions and doubts about Him, He understands, and if you reach out to Him, He will make Himself real in your life. He says, “I stand at the door [of your heart] and knock. If you hear My voice and open the door, I will come into you” (Revelation 3:20).
Will you give Him a chance? He’s waiting for you. Just sincerely pray the following simple prayer:
Dear Jesus, I ask You to come into my heart. Please forgive me for all the wrongs I’ve done, and give me Your gift of everlasting life. Help me to love You, and help me to share Your love and truth with others. Amen.
Jesus said, “I am come that you might have life, and that you might have it more abundantly” (John 10:10). Receiving Jesus not only guarantees you a brighter future, but a more fulfilled present. May His presence fill and bless your life in every way.
For more information or other publications, please write:
Family Care Foundation
P.O. Box 6070, Orange, CA 92863, USA
A gripping audio-visual portrayal of much of the information contained in The Future Foretold is now available. Write for details on how to obtain your copy of the 55-minute documentary, Countdown to Armageddon.
1. Washington Post excerpt quoted in “The Futility of War,” Awake, 22 April 96
2. AP (Associated Press), 10 Nov 1993
3. “Wars Force 50 Million from Homes,” AP, 15 Nov 95
4. “Group: 71 Wars Exist Worldwide,” AP, 2 Jan 96
5. “Is a World Without War Possible?,” Awake, 22 Apr 96
6. Levinson, Arlene. “20th Century Awash in Blood,” AP, 16 Sep 95
7. “800 Million People Go Hungry,” UPI (United Press International), Washington, 23 Sep 1996
8. Evans, Eddie. “World Faces Ancient Challenge of Growing Food,” Reuter, 18 May 1996
9. Briscoe, David. “The Planet’s Pulse,” AP, 18 May 1996
10. Fox, Maggie. “Global Warming Means Third-World Hardship,” Reuter, London, 15 Feb 1996
11. AP, 13 Oct 94
12. Eisenhower, Dwight D. “A Chance for Peace.” 16 Apr 1953, speech to the American Society of Newspaper Editors. In: Public Papers of the Presidents: Dwight D. Eisenhower. Washington, D.C.: U.S. Government Printing Office, 1960-1961; 1:179-189.
13. “Our Common Future,” 1987 UN report issued by the World Commission on Environment and Development
14. Hamilton, Andrea. “Bacteria Become Ever More Resistant,” The Washington Times, 20 Nov 1994
15. U.S. News & World Report, 29 Jan 1996
16. Nuland, Sherwin B. How We Die: Reflections on Life’s Final Chapter. New York: Random House in association with Alfred A. Knopf, 1994.
17. “The End of Antibiotics,” Newsweek, 28 Mar 1994, pp. 47-48
18. AP, 26 Mar 95
19. AP, 7 Oct 94
20. AP, Washington, 23 May 95
21. Figures taken from the UNAIDS and WHO Internet Web page, 7/97.
22. “UN: 6000 People Infected Daily by HIV,” UPI, 30 Nov 95
23. AP 3 Jan 95
24. The Universal Almanac, Kansas City, Mo.: Andrews and McMeel, 1993
25. “Deaths in quakes expected to rise as cities grow,” Reuter, Boulder, Colorado, 3 Jul 1995
26. AP, 20 May 1994
27. Posner, Michael. “U.S. Crime Is a Ticking Bomb, Study Says,” Reuter, Washington, 5 Jan 1996
28. Harwood, Richard. “Ten Times the Dead in Vietnam,” Washington Post (WP), 7 May 1994
29. AP, 2 May 1994
30. Gould, Paul. “UK Teachers Say Videos and Violence Linked,” UPI, 18 Apr 1994
31. Feder, Don. A Jewish Conservative Looks at Pagan America. Lafayette, LA.: Huntington House Publishers, 1993
32. “Growing Up Fast and Frightened,” Newsweek, 22 Nov 1993, p. 52
33. Dore, Rowan. Press Authority (PA – A British wire service), 5 Nov 1994
34. “Study: Women Want Less Kids,” AP, New York, 23 Aug 1995
35. “Women Worldwide Having Fewer Children, Study Finds,” Reuter, New York, 23 Aug 1995
36. Time, 4 May 1992
37. George Grant and Mark A. Horne, Legislating Immorality: The Homosexual Movement Comes Out of the Closet. Chicago: Moody Press, and Franklin, Tennessee: Legacy Communications, 1993.
38. “BBC to Give Gays ‘Honeymoon’ Leave,” Reuter, London, 22 May 1994
39. “Anglican Bishops Back Gay Priests,” UPI, London, 4 Feb 1996
40. AP, 5 Aug 1993
41. Reuter, 8 Feb 1994
42. The Almanac of the Christian World. Wheaton, Illinois: Tyndale House Publishers, 1990
43. “Bible translated into 2,092 languages,” Agence France Presse, Paris, 21 Feb 1995; and National and International Religion Report, Volume 9, Number 9, 17 Apr 1995
44. Naisbitt, John. Megatrends 2000: Ten New Directions for the 1990’s. New York: Morrow, 1990
45. “Tourism to Grow Steadily over the Next Decade,” Reuter, 13 Mar 1995
46. Evans, Robert. “World Airlines Chief Sees Industry Boom Ahead,” Reuter, 19 Apr 1995
47. Hayley, Julia. “Strange Food and Forward Planning Face Future Tourists,” Reuter, Madrid, 30 Jan 1995
48. “Future Computers Will Talk to Owners – Study,” Reuter, 4 Jun 1995
49. Willmington, H. L. Signs of the Times. Wheaton, Illinois: Tyndale House, 1981, p. 28
50. Wright, Robert. “The Evolution of Despair,” Time, 28 Aug 1995
51. Business Wire, 1 Sep 1989
52. Ferreira, Anton. “Satan-Hunter Follows Trail of Bizarre Clues,” Reuter, 1 Aug 1995
53. Watchtower, 1 Sep 1988
54. Gibson, Helen. “Renaissance in Witchcraft,” Time, N.A.
55. Martinez, Michael J. “Modern Witches,” AP, 31 Oct 1995
56. Johnston, Jerry. The Last Days of Planet Earth. Eugene, Or.: Harvest House Publishers, 1991, pp. 129-131
Watson, Hugh. Article in Medical Technology Services Newsletter, Jul 1994
Copyright © Aurora Production SA. Reprinted by permission. Visit http://www.auroraproduction.com to buy the book.