1. The day of miracles is not past and the things of the Lord can still happen TODAY! God is still alive, well, and working just as powerfully as ever amongst those who trust in Him! He says, “I am the Lord, I CHANGE NOT” and “Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever!”–Malachi 3:6; Hebrews 13:8.
2. Jesus promised, “He that BELIEVETH on Me, the works that I do shall HE do also; and GREATER works than these shall he do, because I go unto My Father. And these signs shall follow them that believe…they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”–John 14:12; Mark 16:17,18. God is still in the business of transforming the bodies that need it, as well as the hearts, the minds and the spirits.
3. To heal is a small thing for Him, the God of all Creation! If He can CREATE the body, He can certainly REPAIR it! The One Who made us can certainly fix us! He tells us, “Unto you that fear My Name shall the Sun of Righteousness arise with HEALING in His wings!”–Malachi 4:2.
TROUBLES, TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS–WHY?
4. The Lord never said that His children would never have any illnesses or afflictions, but He did say that He would DELIVER us out of them all!–For “MANY are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord DELIVERETH him out of them ALL!”–Psalm 34:19.
5. Naturally, we usually wonder WHY sicknesses and troubles happen, but God ALWAYS has a reason, and nothing happens by accident to one of His children. I’ve found in my own life, and that of many others, that He always has a PURPOSE for them, although sometimes it is not always revealed immediately!
6. The Lord often uses afflictions, sicknesses and so on to TEST us and to cause us to draw closer to Him and cry out to Him and really seek Him in prayer. Otherwise we would have a tendency to just rock along. So sometimes things happen just to keep you close to the Lord, humble and more dependent on Him. Sometimes things happen to draw you closer to OTHERS. Sometimes they happen to make you PRAY. There are all kinds of reasons why He even allows us to have troubles, and it’s all a part of our TRAINING.
7. Sometimes these things happen for even more mysterious and remarkable reasons, like the blind man in the Bible whom Jesus said was blind NOT because of his own sins, “but that the works of God should be made manifest in him”–whereupon He promptly healed him to prove the point!–John chapter 9. So sometimes we’re sick so that God can do a miracle and heal us and it will be a TESTIMONY, to show that He CAN heal and to demonstrate His power.
8. But whatever the reason, always remember that WHAT EVER God does, He does it in LOVE.–And “ALL things work together for GOOD to them that love the Lord.”–Romans 8:28. God is not going to let anything happen to you, His child who loves Him, except what is for your GOOD. You may say, “But a lot of things happen that don’t seem good to me!”–Well I daresay you finally found out sooner or later that somehow or another it WAS good for you.–Or you will YET!
9. King David said, “It is GOOD for me that I have been afflicted, that I might learn Thy statutes. BEFORE I was afflicted I went astray: But NOW (AFTER he was afflicted) have I kept Thy Word.”–Psalm 119:71,67. So even troubles and tribulations can be good for us. And although it sometimes may take weeks, months or even years before you know why, the time will come, and you’ll know God was right and did the right thing!
HEALING IS FOR YOU!
10. Although “Many are the afflictions of the righteous”, the Lord is going to “deliver you out of them all” (Psalm 34:19)–no matter how many or what! A-L-L, ALL!–Not just some or a few or most or many, but ALL! So you can expect God to deliver you according to His Own Word!
11. The provision is there for you! There are LOTS of Scriptures on healing throughout the entire Bible, God’s personal Word to each of us. He has made PROMISES in His Word, promises which we can CLAIM and EXPECT Him to FULFILL. “There are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: That by THESE (His promises) ye might be partakers of the Divine Nature.”–2Peter 1:4.
12. This is also where your FAITH will come from. Faith grows by hearing the Word of God.–“For faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.”–Romans 10:17. That’s the law of faith. Faith is built on the Word, so read it prayerfully and ask God to strengthen your faith.
13. In His Word, you’ll find that God not only CAN heal you, but that He WANTS to heal you! When the poor leper came to Jesus and said, “Lord, IF THOU WILT, Thou canst make me clean”, the Scripture says that “Jesus put forth His hand and touched him, saying, `I WILL, be thou clean!’ And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.”–Matthew 8:2,3.–He’s more willing to give than we are to receive!
14. All He asks from us is that we honour Him with FAITH, by believing His Word and His promises. “Without FAITH it is impossible to please Him: For he that cometh to God must BELIEVE that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him!”–Hebrews 11:6. So trust the Lord!–“He has NEVER failed in one of all His good promises!”–1Kings 8:56.
15. Jesus, the Great Physician, has already paid for your healing. Just as His BLOOD was shed for the SALVATION of our SPIRITS, His BODY was broken for the HEALING of our BODIES. He DIED for your SALVATION, but He SUFFERED for your HEALING. “He Himself took our infirmities and bare our sicknesses in His Own body on the tree. For with His STRIPES we are HEALED.”–Matthew 8:17; 1Peter 2:24; Isaiah 53:5.
16. The original Hebrew word translated in this passage as “stripes” literally means “bruise, hurt, stripe, wound”. So there is a form of atonement, even for our diseases.-He PAID for it by His physical suffering. So we can CLAIM it as a part of His atonement, as a part of what He paid for. It’s yours ALREADY for the asking!
17. “The PRAYER OF FAITH shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up, and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.”–James 5:15. Prayer is POWERFUL! When we pray, things will happen and things will be different! God will ANSWER prayer.
18. If you’re really desperate and crying with your whole heart and asking Him, He’ll answer! He says, “Ye shall seek Me, and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with ALL your heart.”–Jeremiah 29:13. And, “Call unto Me and I WILL answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not.”–Jeremiah 33:3.
19. Remember, you’ve got all the promises in the whole Bible on your side!–“Exceeding GREAT and PRECIOUS PROMISES!”–2Peter 1:4. So when you pray, always bring those promises with you to remind God of His Word. Doing this shows you have faith in it, and it’s this positive declaration of your faith and your knowledge of the Word which pleases Him.
20. He says, “PROVE ME now, and see if I will not pour out such a blessing that there will not be room enough to hold it!”–Malachi 3:10. You don’t see the blessing, His healing, yet. You’ve only got His Word for it, so how do you know He’s going to pour it out?–You’ve got to PROVE Him! You’ve got to literally test it. You have to challenge God.
21. He even tells us, “Concerning the work of My hands, COMMAND YE ME!”–Isaiah 45:11.–So hold Him to His Word!–Demand and expect an answer! He has promised it! Put your faith in the Lord and quote and claim Scriptures, just like Jesus did during His temptation. (See Matthew 4.) He is bound by His Word! So remind Him of it, cling to His promises, memorise and quote them continually, and never doubt for a moment that God is going to answer–and He WILL! He HAS to! He WANTS to! Trust Him!
22. Jesus says, “What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe THAT YE RECEIVE them, and ye SHALL have them.”–Mark 11:24. “And this is the CONFIDENCE that we have in Him, that if we ask ANYTHING according to His will, He heareth us: And if we know that He hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we HAVE the petitions that we desired of Him.”–1John 5:14,15. All we have to do is believe His promises and pray, and expect Him to answer.
THE “FIERY FURNACE”
23. But sometimes the Lord does not always answer us right away, which tests our faith and draws us closer to Him in Spirit as we are driven to Him and His Word, to Whom and which we might not otherwise give so much time and attention.
24. He often tests our faith and willingness to obey BEFORE He’s going to heal us, and He wants to see if we’ll believe and obey Him even if we think we may NEVER get healed! Why should He honour us with healing if we don’t honour Him with faith? We’ve got to believe and obey the Lord even if He never heals us!
25. Like the three Hebrew children who were thrown into the fiery furnace for refusing to renounce their faith and bow down to the King of Babylon’s idol: They told him, “Our God, Whom we serve, is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us out of thy hand… But if NOT, be it know unto thee, O King, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship thy golden image!” And it looked like the end, because into the furnace they went, and the flames were so hot they even killed their executioners! But because of their FAITH and OBEDIENCE, God was with them, and they came out without even the smell of smoke on them! (See Daniel 3.)
26. FAITH and OBEDIENCE come FIRST, THEN God answers prayer! “For the trying of your FAITH is more precious than GOLD, yea, than much fine gold! For behold,” He says, “I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.” So “think it not strange concerning the fiery TRIAL which is to try you!”–1Peter 1:7; Isaiah 48:10; IPeter 4:12. By His miracle-working power, things that seem do not have to be–just like with the three Hebrew children. You may have to go THROUGH the fire, but the Lord is easily able to bring you out without even smelling of smoke!
27. Afflictions and illnesses usually are a real test, but sad to say, they often end in bitterness and murmuring and some people even hold it against God because He doesn’t heal them!–“If He’d do it, then I’d serve Him. But He doesn’t love me, He doesn’t care, He won’t heal me!”
28. Such doubt, fear, discouragement and murmuring KILL! Look at all that murmuring older generation of Israel who died in the Wilderness for their lack of faith! They “suffered so many things in vain”!–Galatians 3:4. They did all the suffering and never got to enjoy the benefits because they complained! Those who complain about the battle and then quit just before the victory’s won never get to enjoy it!–How sad!
29. But faith, trust, courage and praising the Lord maketh ALIVE! If you wanna knock the Devil for a loop, just start praising the Lord no matter WHAT’S happening! He just can’t stand it! He turns tail and runs! “Resist the Enemy and he shall flee from thee, for perfect love casteth out fear. God hath not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind! Therefore, Thou shalt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on Thee, because he trusteth in Thee!” Hallelujah!–James 4:7; 1John 4:18; 2Timothy 1:7; Isaiah 26:3.
30. God gets His greatest victories out of seeming defeat, and He often brings them along the neglected path of PRAISE! So when things look darkest, don’t look down!–LOOK UP! Don’t murmur and complain! Start praising the Lord, and you’ll often praise your way right out of the pit into which the Devil is trying to cast you! PRAISE is the VOICE of FAITH!
MORE CONDITIONS FOR GETTING HEALED–AND STAYING HEALED!
31. Our happiness and our health and our blessings in this life depend on our obedience to God. If we’re not willing to pay the price God requires for healing, He won’t heal us! Only the OBEDIENT get healing.–It’s a REWARD for the obedient. Health is a special BLESSING of God, and we can only demand it if we’re obedient.
32. God can and wants to heal us, but we must first be willing and yielded to Him and make the decision that we want to be delivered without reservations! We must first correct any SPIRITUAL problems of disobedience, unyieldedness, etc., and then trust God utterly in prayer and obedience and we’re bound to get results!
33. Sometimes that’s why we get sick in the first place: Because God is chastening or spanking us, punishing us for something–not always, but sometimes. It hurts Him to see us being bad, because He loves us, and He knows our badness hurts us and others, so He tries to correct us and make us see the light and cause us to turn and repent and confess.
34. So even God’s spankings are PROOF of His great LOVE for us!–“For whom the Lord LOVETH He CHASTENETH, and scourgeth EVERY SON whom He receiveth!”–Hebrews 12:6. And even when we get sick because of our sins, the Bible says in the 13th verse of this same chapter, “rather let it be HEALED”.
35. God is a LOVING God, a MERCIFUL God.-“As the Heaven is high above the Earth, so great is His mercy toward them that fear Him! Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear Him. For He knoweth our frame, He remembereth that we are dust. He doth NOT afflict WILLINGLY, nor grieve the children of men.”–Psalm 103:11 14; Lamentations 3:33.
36. So when we have learned the lesson God is trying to teach us, or the conditions are ready for the result God wants to bring, He says, “rather let it be healed.”–Hebrews 12:13. God PREFERS to heal–IF we can be TRUSTED with it and have learned what He is trying to show us.
37. This same principle also applies to us AFTER we’ve received His healing. If we do NOT OBEY and STAY in God’s will and continually give HIM the glory for our healing and continue to trust Him for it, He may let the illness or affliction come back because of our ingratitude and disobedience. Of course if we repent, He can forgive and heal us again, “for His mercy endureth forever.”–Psalm 136.
38. His healing is a special blessing, a priceless privilege which, unlike Salvation, He can take away if you don’t keep trusting Him for it and giving Him all the glory. So if you want to KEEP it, you’d best OBEY Him and STAY close to Him and do the things that He healed you for. Use that strength that God gives you in healing for His glory!
39. Of course, one of the greatest of healing factors is FAITH, just knowing that God loves you and cares for you and is going to take care of you no matter what happens. Faith even eliminates one of the GREATEST CAUSES of disease and ill health–fear and tension. Because if you have faith, then you have peace of mind, and you know that He’s going to take care of everything! Faith and trust in God give you a feeling of rest of body, peace of mind, contentment of heart and spiritual well-being, which all tend to greatly improve your overall state of well-being.
40. Do YOU have faith in God and His Love? Have you personally met the Great Physician–He Who has “healing in His wings”? If not, all you have to do is RECEIVE JESUS, God’s Son, as your Saviour by asking Him into your heart! You can do it right NOW, if you want God’s answer to all of your problems and His love and happiness to fill your heart and life “with joy unspeakable and full of glory”!–1Peter 1:8.
41. “Wilt THOU be made WHOLE?”–John 5:6.–In BODY, MIND and SPIRIT?–Then receive Jesus NOW! Simply recognise and confess your need for a Saviour from your sins, and personally receive the Spirit of Jesus Christ Himself into your heart. He says, “Behold, I stand at the door (of your heart) and knock: If any man hear My voice and open the door, I WILL come into him.”–Revelation 3:20.
42. And please remember, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and a stitch in time saves nine!” It’s better to STAY healthy than to have to be HEALED. So do your best to PREVENT illness by KEEPING GOD’S HEALTH LAWS: Proper diet, proper exercise, proper rest and proper living. But if and when you do need His healing, remember, it’s THERE for YOU! All you have to do is reach out your hand of faith and receive it, accept it. “He healeth ALL our diseases!”–Psalm 103:3.–No exceptions! He can heal ANYTHING! EXPECT MIRACLES!–And in Jesus’ name you’ll get them!
43. If you would like to know more about how to get answers to your prayers, about faith for healing, or about living a life of love for Jesus and others, please write to us and we will be glad to personally reply and try to help you to find the answers from God’s Word.
44. “The prayer of faith shall save the sick and the Lord shall raise him up!”–James 5:15. We LOVE you and would be happy to PRAY for you and with you. Just WRITE us TODAY! God BLESS you with His Love, Truth, Health and Happiness NOW and FOREVER!
Copyright © 2012 by The Family International. All Rights Reserved.