MEDITATING ON THE WORD!
1. The Bible is an absolutely inexhaustible source of wisdom and knowledge in which you constantly find treasures new and old! (See Matthew 13:52.)
2. The Word of God will stand a thousand readings, and he who has gone over it most frequently is the surest of finding new wonders there.
3. We must read the Word like men digging for hidden treasures.
4. What makes the difference is not how many times you have been through the Bible, but how many times and how thoroughly the Bible has been through you.
5. To do God’s work we must have God’s power. To have God’s power we must know God’s will. To know God’s will we must study God’s Word.
6. How can you have faith in the Bible unless you know what’s in it?
7. A thumbprint on the Bible is more important than a footprint on the moon.
8. The Word… Know it-in your head; Show it-in your life! Sow it-in the World; Stow it-in your heart!
9. To read the Word without reflecting, is like eating without digesting.
10. Besides the once-and-for-all cleansing of Salvation, you need the daily cleansing of the Word from daily sin.
TAKING TIME FOR GOD!
11. Many people struggle through life needlessly, when only a little more time spent with God’s Word would bring the peace, faith and happiness they seek.
12. Put the Word first and the Lord will always give you time to do the other things.
13. Whatever keeps me from the Word is my enemy, however harmless it may appear to be.
14. No time for God?
What fools we are… No time for God?
As soon to say no time
To eat. to sleep, to live, to die.
Take tine for God,
Or a poor misshapen thing you’ll be
To step into eternity,
And say, “I had no time for Thee.”
15. The most desirable time to read the Word is as often as possible.
THE BIBLE AND ITS CRITICS!
16. Most people don’t read the Bible, not because they can’t understand it, but because they can understand it, and they don’t like to hear it!
17. Daniel Webster once said that he believed that “the Bible is to be believed and understood in the plain and obvious meaning of its passages; for I cannot persuade myself that a Book intended for the instruction and conversion of the whole World should cover its true meaning in any such mystery and doubt, so that none but critics and philosophers can discover it.”
18. Nothing contradicts itself in the Bible! People just think it does because they can’t understand what it means in the first place.
19. Men do not usually reject the Bible because it contradicts itself, but because it contradicts them.
20. Don’t criticise the Bible; let the Bible criticise you.
21. The Bible’s incredibly correct historical memory has been validated many times by archaeological discoveries. No discovery has ever contradicted a Bible reference.- Dr. Nelson Blueck, Jewish archaeologist.
22. I know it’s the Word of God, because I know it works!
23. Other books have been written for our information; the Bible was given for our transformation!
24. Bible verses will save you from spiritual reverses.
POWER OF THE WORD!
25. Love is the greatest force in the World, and the Word of God the most powerful Truth on Earth!
26. The Bread of Life never becomes stale.
27. The Bible contains the vitamins for a healthy soul.
28. Thank God for the Word, the Water of Life! That’s why He likened the Word to Water, because it’s so essential for your spiritual life, and you’re not going to last very long without it.
29. The secret of power and victory and overcoming and fruitfulness and fire and life and warmth and light and leadership, and everything, is the Word!
30. The word is our weapon against the Enemy and his stronghold on people’s minds and hearts. (See 2Corinthians 10:4,5.)
31. The Word of God is the most powerful weapon in the World, greater by far than any nuclear weapon imaginable. It can change hearts and minds, something no nuclear weapon has ever done or will ever do.
THE SIMPLE TRUTH!
32. Why waste time on complicated confused theories and thoughts of Man, when the Bible is right there, so simple, direct and to the point?
33. No man is uneducated who knows the Word and no man is wise who is ignorant of its teachings.
34. William Lyon Phelps (called the most beloved professor in America) of Yale University said, “I thoroughly believe in university education for both men and women, but I believe a knowledge of the Bible without a college course is more valuable than a college course without the Bible.”
35. If you know this Book-the Bible- you can run circles around any man that has graduated from a university or seminary- because you’ve got the Truth!
36. I’ve never read any worldly man’s writings that weren’t dumber than the Bible! Only the Words of God have lived on! Only the Words of Jesus have accomplished anything!
37. The answers we find in the Word are not quick and easy answers, but they are in fact the only real answers.
38. If I find something in the Bible that I can’t explain or something happens that I don’t understand, I just wrap it up in a little package of faith and put it on the shelf and wait for the Lord to unwrap it for me and reveal it to me later.
39. Just like with any other book-you don’t quit reading the Bible just because you can’t understand one little thing. You keep on reading, and there will be something else you can understand.
INTERPRETING THE WORD!
40. If you find a whole lot of Scriptures that say so-and-so, but then you find one little passage that seems to say the opposite, then what are you going to accept?-The preponderance of the Scriptures!-Right?
41. If one Scripture seem to contradict several others, you must be interpreting it wrong or the translation may be wrong. You’ve got to balance Scripture with Scripture.
42. The Bible would not be the Book of God if it had not deep places here and there which Man has no ability to fathom.
THE BIBLE’S AUTHORITY!
43. The Bible is not just a history book, it’s a news book! It not only tells you about yesterday, it tells you about tomorrow!
44. The Bible is the Bureau of Standards by which we measure all truth and all error!
45. Your ignorance of God’s law is no excuse. If you don’t read the Word, then it’s your own fault, not God’s fault.
46. If you know the Scriptures, you have the answer for everything!
47. As we search the Scriptures, we must allow them to search us, to sit in judgement upon our character and conduct.
PROMISES AND WEALTH!
48. Wealth in the Word is wisdom!
49. The promises of God are the currency of Heaven, and if you’ve got a lot of verses in your heart you’re really rich! You can cash them in at the bank of Heaven and get back answers!
50. You have to quote the terms of the contract (The Bible) to the Contract Maker (God), and hold Him to it!
51. With every promise God makes to us there are some conditions that we must fulfil. God makes promises, but His promises are contracts with conditions!
52. Learn to put your hand on all spiritual blessings in Christ and say “Mine”.
GOD’S WORD FOR TODAY!
53. The more dearly you begin to love His Word and read and study it, the more mature you will become and the more you’ll find that God can speak to you loudly and clearly and supernaturally and miraculously and ecstatically, right through the reading of His Word!
54. The minute we begin to listen to the Lord’s recorded written Word, immediately we put ourselves in the position of being willing to listen, so then the Lord begins to speak and give us the living Word!
55. We must have the Word in every form possible. The Bible was the one to begin with, the already recorded and established Word down through the centuries. It works, which is the greatest proof of its efficacy. Also we need to have His present Word, direct answers to prayer, direct revelations, messages, prophecy, tongues, interpretation, information straight from Heaven to know exactly what He wants us to do right now!
56. The Bible is still the yardstick of measurement, the bureau of standards by which we measure everything else God has ever given us. If it isn’t confirmed and can’t be corroborated by the Bible, if you can’t prove it also by the Bible and if it’s not in accordance with the Bible, you don’t have to believe it! That doesn’t mean everything is in the Bible, because we’ve had lots of revelations that you can’t find anything about in the Bible. But it means that those revelations will not be contrary to anything in the Bible-that is, anything that is in the Bible which is for today.
57. In what we’ve taught, you won’t find anything contrary to the basic principles of the Bible, of faith in God and His Love and His Salvation. There’ll be nothing contrary to the Bible, except that the Lord has used us to fill in a lot more of the picture, a lot more pieces of the puzzle. He gives us a lot of details and clearer things that we never had before.-Not contrary to the Bible but more like a fulfilling or a filling up of the gaps and spaces that were not filled in before.
58. Our writings are a commentary or an extension or an enlargement or greater detail, but it’s all based on the Bible, and you should know your Bible. It would even help you to believe the Bible better if you knew our writings well, because you’d know that what we write is based on the Bible and is in conformity with the Bible. They don’t contradict or deny it in any way. They only confirm it.
59. It’s a damnable doctrine of church devils to confine all the truth and revelations of God strictly to the Bible! True prophecy won’t teach anything contrary, but it sure can fill in a lot of gaps! The Bible is still going to be the standard of measurement, for that was God’s Message for them. But today we have to tell this generation how to do it under these present circumstances.
60. Since the Word of God has been so horribly wrested and distorted by the Church all these years, we now have to interpret and explain it, and that’s what our writings are for, besides supplying the general training that people today need.
61. You’ve missed a lot if you don’t know the Bible, because that’s our basic foundation. Our writings are largely a commentary or they are an extension, further revelations, further knowledge, more detail on subjects that you can already find in the Bible.
62. Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
63. Joshua 23:14b And ye know in all your hearts and in all your souls, that not one thing hath failed of all the good things which the Lord your God spake concerning you; all are come to pass unto you, and not one thing hath failed thereof.
64. Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of His lips; I have esteemed the Words of His mouth more than my necessary food.
65. Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in His law doth he meditate day and night.
66. Psalm 119:9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? By taking heed thereto according to Thy Word.
67. Psalm 119:11 Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee.
68. Psalm 119:18 Open Thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of Thy law.
69. Psalm 119:103 How sweet are Thy Words unto my taste! Yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
70. Psalm 119:106 Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
71. Psalm 119:130 The entrance of Thy Words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
72. Proverbs 6:20-23 My son, keep thy father’s commandment, and forsake not the law of thy mother; Bind them continually upon thine heart, and tie them about thy neck. When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee. For the commandment is a lamp; and the law is light; and reproofs of instruction are the way of life.
73. Isaiah 40:8 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the Word of our God shall stand for ever.
74. Isaiah 46:10b,11b My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure. I have spoken it, I will also bring it to pass; I have purposed it, I will also do it.
75. Isaiah 55:10,11 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from Heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the Earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall My Word be that goeth forth out of My mouth: it shall not return unto Me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
76. Jeremiah 15:16 Thy Words were found, and I did eat them; and Thy Word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by Thy Name, 0 Lord God of hosts.
77. Jeremiah 23:29 Is not My Word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?
78. Matthew 4:4 Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every Word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
79. Matthew 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the Scriptures, nor the power of God.
80. Matthew 24:35 Heaven and Earth shall pass away, but My Words shall not pass away.
81. John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
82. John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the Words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
83. John 14:23,24 Jesus answered and said unto him, if a man love Me, he will keep My words: and My Father will love him, and We will come unto him, and make Our abode with him. He that loveth Me not keepeth not My sayings: and the Word which ye hear is not Mine, but the Father’s which sent Me.
84. John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the Word which I have spoken unto you.
85. John 17:17 Sanctify them through Thy Truth: Thy Word is Truth.
86. John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through His Name.
87. Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.
88. 1Corinthians 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the World are come.
89. Ephesians 6:17 And take the helmet of Salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.
90. Colossians 3:16a Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom.
91. 1Thessalonians 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the Word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the Word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
92. 2Timothy 3:16,17 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
93. Hebrews 4:12 For the Word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
94. James 1:21b,22 Receive with meekness the engrafted Word, which is able to save your souls. But be ye doers of the Word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
95. 1Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the Word, that ye may grow thereby.
96. 2Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the World through lust.
WHAT GREAT MEN HAVE SAID ABOUT THE BIBLE!
97. SIR ISAAC NEWTON, ENGLISH SCIENTIST who formulated the laws of gravitation & motion, 1642-l727: Newton’s achievements in science are very well known, but it is not so well known that he spent more time studying the Bible than studying the stars. “There are more sure proofs of authenticity in the Bible than in any secular history. All my discoveries have been made in answer to prayer. I can take my telescope & look millions of miles into space; but I can go away to my room & in prayer get nearer to God & Heaven than I can when assisted by all the telescopes of Earth!”
98. IMMANUEL KANT, GERMAN PHILOSOPHER, 1724-1804: “The existence of the Bible as a Book for the people is the greatest benefit which the human race has ever experienced. Every attempt to belittle it is a crime against humanity.”
99. GEORGE WASHINGTON, 1st USA PRESIDENT, 1732-1799: “It is impossible to rightly govern the World without God & the Bible.”
100. JOHN ADAMS, 2nd PRESIDENT OF USA, 1735-1826: “The Bible contains more philosophy than all the libraries that I have ever seen, & such parts as I cannot reconcile with a little philosophy, I postpone for future investigation.”
101. PATRICK HENRY, AMERICAN PATRIOT & radical leader, 1736-1799: “The Bible is worth all other books which have ever been printed.”
102. SIR WILLIAM HERSCHEL, GERMAN-BORN ASTRONOMER, discoverer of the planet Uranus, 1738-1822: “All human discoveries seem to be made only for the purpose of confirming more & more strongly the truth contained in the Sacred Scriptures.”
103. THOMAS JEFFERSON, 3rd PRESIDENT OF USA, 1743-1826: “I have always said that a studious perusal of the Sacred Volume will make you better citizens, better fathers & better husbands.”
104. JOHN QUINCY ADAMS, 6th PRESIDENT OF USA, 1767-1848: “The first & almost only book deserving of universal attention is the Bible. I speak as a man of the World. So great is my veneration for the Bible, that the earlier my children begin to read it, the more confident will be my hope that they will prove useful citizens of their country & respectable members of society. I have for many years made it a practice to read through the Bible once every year.”
105. NAPOLEON BONAPARTE, EMPEROR OF FRANCE for 10 years, conquered large parts of Europe, 1769-1821: “The Bible is no mere book, but a Living Creature, with a power that conquers all that oppose it… Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne & I myself have founded empires, but upon what do these creations of our genius depend?-Upon force! Jesus alone founded His Empire upon Love, & to this very day millions would die for Him. “What happiness the Bible procures for those who believe it! What marvels those admire there who reflect upon it!”
106. SIR WALTER SCOTT, SCOTTISH NOVELIST, POET, 1771-1832:
“Within this ample Volume lies
Humanity’s most precious prize.
Happiest they of human race
To whom their God has given grace
To read, to fear, to hope, to pray,
To lift the latch, to force the way;
But better had they ne’er been born
That read to doubt or read to scorn.”
107. DANIEL WEBSTER, AMERICAN ORATOR, SECRETARY OF STATE for 3 U.S. Presidents, 1782-1852: “If there is anything in my thoughts or style to commend, the credit is due to my parents for instilling in me an early love of the Scriptures. If we abide by the principles taught in the Bible, our country will go on prospering & to prosper, but if we & our posterity neglect its instructions & authority, no man can tell how sudden a catastrophe may overwhelm us & bury all our glory in profound obscurity.”
108. ZACHARY TAYLOR, 12th PRESIDENT OF THE USA, 1784-1850: “It was for the love of the truths of this great & good Book that our fathers abandoned their native shores for the wilderness.”
109. WILLIAM HENRY SEWARD, U.S. SECRETARY OF STATE, 1801-1872: “The whole hope of human progress is suspended on the evergrowing influence of the Bible.”
110. ROBERT E. LEE, AMERICAN GENERAL, commander of Southern forces in U.S. Civil War, 1807-1870: “In all my perplexities & distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light & strength.”
111. ALFRED LORD TENNYSON, ENGLISH POET LAUREATE, 1809-1892: “Bible reading is an education in itself.”
112. WILLIAM GLADSTONE, PRIME MINISTER OF ENGLAND, 1809-1898: “All that I think, all that I hope, all that I write, all that I live for, is based upon the divinity of Jesus Christ, the central joy of my poor, wayward life. I have known 95 of the world’s greatest men in my time, & of these, 87 were followers of the Bible.”
113. ABRAHAM LINCOLN, 16th AMERICAN PRESIDENT, 1809-1865: “I believe the Bible is the best gift God has ever given to Man. All the good from the Saviour of the World is communicated to us through this Book.”
114. HORACE GREELEY, PROMINENT AMERICAN NEWSPAPER EDITOR, & publisher, 1811-1872: “It is impossible to enslave mentally or socially a Bible-reading people. The principles of the Bible are the groundwork of human freedom”
115. CHARLES DICKENS, ENGLISH NOVELIST, 1812-1870: “The New Testament is the very best Book that was or ever will be known in the World.”
116. ULYSSES S. BRANT, AMERICAN GENERAL, 18th PRESIDENT OF THE USA, 1882-1885: “To the influence of the Book we are indebted for the progress made in civilisation, & to this we must look as our guide in the future. The Bible is the anchor of our liberties.”
117. MARK TWAIN, AMERICAN AUTHOR, 1835-1910: “It is hard to make a choice of the most beautiful passage in a Book which is as gemmed with beautiful passages as the Bible.”
118. THEODORE ROOSEVELT, 26th PRESIDENT OF USA, 1858-1919: “A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education. Almost every man who has by his lifework added to the sum of human achievement…has based his lifework largely upon the teachings of the Bible.”
119. WOODROW WILSON, 28th PRESIDENT OF USA, held office during WW1, 1856-1924: “A man has deprived himself of the best there is in the World who has deprived himself of a knowledge of the Bible.”
120. HERBERT HOOVER, 31st PRESIDENT OF USA, 1874-1964: “There is no other book so various as the Bible, nor one so full of concentrated wisdom. Whether it be of law, business, morals etc., he who seeks for guidance may look inside its covers & find illumination.”
121. DOUGLAS MacARTHUR. FIVE-STAR GENERAL IN WW2, 1900-1964: “Believe me, never a night goes by, be I ever so tired, but I read the Word of God before I go to bed.”
Copyright © 2012 by The Family International. All Rights Reserved.